Eclectic interior design is a style that can be described as a “mix of many styles, often in the same interior.” The eclectic style is a popular choice in living room designs.
What is Eclectic style interior design?
The term “eclectic” stems from the Greek word eklektikos, which means drawing from a variety of sources or styles.
Eclectic style is a design trend in which the interior decor is made up of many different textures, colors, and materials.
This type of design is characterized by a lack of cohesion in the overall design. Eclectic designs are usually not limited to one specific style but rather incorporate elements from many different styles. This type of design may also include an eclectic mix of furniture and decorative objects.
This style can be used to create a space that is lively and energetic. It can also be used to create an environment that has no particular theme or style.
Tips To Create An Eclectic Living Room
1. Use different textures, colors, and materials in your living room decor.
The word eclectic means “made up of a variety of different things.” Eclectic style living rooms are usually characterized by a combination of different textures, colors, and materials.
This is done to add visual interest to the room. When you use different textures and colors, it becomes more difficult for your eye to focus on the same thing for too long. This helps in creating a more visually stimulating space that is also relaxing at the same time.
2. Play with spatial arrangements and figure out how to use different pieces to create a cohesive look.
The living room is a place where you can relax, socialize and also entertain guests. This is why it is important to make sure that the space feels comfortable and cozy.
You can create a cohesive look by playing with the spatial arrangements of furniture pieces. You can use different pieces to create different zones in the room. For example, you can have a reading corner for yourself or an area for your guests where they can sit down on the sofa and chat.
3. Use vintage pieces to anchor a more eclectic look.
Vintage pieces are often one-of-a-kind and come with personality. They will not only add character to your space but also create contrast between old and new items in the room.
4. Use bright pops of color to add excitement to a room.
To get started with adding pops of color, choose a selection of bright colors and use them throughout the room. Adding bright colors is a great way to add excitement to your living room space.
Related: How To Make Spaces Pop With Colors
5. Use natural materials to add warmth and personality to your space.
A living room is a space where you can relax and spend quality time with your family. It is important to make it as comfortable and inviting as possible while still playing with eclectic pieces of decor. You can do this by adding natural materials like wood, fabric, or stone to the space.
6. Think about how you can use furniture to create focal points and organization.
Furniture can be used to create focal points, organize the space, and add color or texture to a room. In this living room, the focal point is created by using an eclectic style of furniture that includes different colors and textures. This helps break up all of the white walls in this space.
7. Use accessories to bring attention to specific elements in your room.
Accessories can be the finishing touch to any room. They help to bring attention to specific elements in your space and are a great way to add personality. For a more modern look, try using geometric shapes or clean lines.
8. Experiment with lighting to create the perfect mood for your space.
Lighting can change the mood of a space in a way that no other design element can. You can experiment with different types of light bulbs, wattages, and fixtures to find what works best for you.
9. Pay attention to the details in your space to create a cohesive look.
Some people like the idea of mixing and matching different styles, but they want it all to look intentional. This is where you need to pay attention to the details in your space.
- Make sure that you have a similar color scheme throughout the room. If you have an eclectic style living room, this will be easier if you use colors that are not too bright or bold so that they don’t clash with each other too much.
- Try not to mix textures too much – for example, don’t put a furry rug on top of a silk couch or vice versa.
- Use a variety of decor items but add a personal touch by making sure all of these pieces have a story and some personal value attached to them. This way you can tell your guests about these items when they visit and your eclectic living room will have a story to tell.
10. Use your imagination to come up with creative ways to use your space.
In order to have a more eclectic style living room, you should use your imagination to come up with creative ways to use your space. The eclectic style is all about creating a fun space and feeling free rather than restricted and sticking to a particular style. So, let this be a room where you play with different ideas, colors, patterns, and textures.
Eclectic Style Living Room Ideas and Inspirations
Here are some more ideas to inspire you to create an eclectic living room.